Stern Grove Festival has revealed the 2021 music lineup for its 84th annual concert season. Headlining artists include Thundercat, Fitz and the Tantrums, Joan Jett, Perfume Genius, Thievery Corporation, X, and St Paul & The Broken Bones, plus a season finale on August 29 featuring Oakland legends Tower of Power and Too $hort. Although the event continues to be free for all attendees, guests must register in advance to reserve a spot for each concert at www.sterngrove.org with initial online reservations opening today at 2:00 p.m. PT.
The 2021 schedule is available below and online at www.sterngrove.org:
- June 20: Ledisi, The Seshen, La Doña, LadyRyan
- June 27: Perfume Genius, Madame Gandhi, Honey Mahogany, LadyRyan
- July 4: San Francisco Symphony
- July 11: Thievery Corporation, Dessa, DJ Shortkut
- July 18: St. Paul & The Broken Bones, The Dip, DJ Omar
- July 25: X, The Avengers, DJ Omar
- August 1: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- August 8: Thundercat, Cassowary, DJ Shortkut
- August 15: Fitz & The Tantrums, Devon Gilfillian, DJ Omar
- August 29: The Big Picnic featuring Tower of Power, Too $hort, DJ Shortkut
“It’s been so long since most of us have been able to enjoy live music with masses of other people, and we’re beyond excited to be able to be one of the first festivals to bring this soul-uplifting experience back,” said Executive Director Bob Fiedler. “Our lineup is diverse as always and we’re even going to push a few more boundaries than we usually do. Whether it’s punk rock, hip-hop, crossover jazz, or the good old Symphony on the Fourth of July, we hope that everyone can find something they love in this year’s lineup.”
All concerts for the 2021 season will begin at 2:00 p.m. PT at Sigmund Stern Grove, located at 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard in the city’s Sunset District.