Three-time Olympic gold medalist and Bay Area native Kerri Walsh Jennings is launching her brand new event series, p1440 in San Jose at Avaya Stadium grounds on Sept. 28-30.
The volleyball event will transform Avaya Stadium Grounds into an immersive experience filled with fun activities for all ages and some musical performances by Foster the People, Grouplove, Daya, Marian Hill and Magic Giant.
According to a press release that was sent to us earlier, here are some other features of the event.
- Beach Volleyball: p1440 will host some of the best athletes in the world to compete for the p1440 San Jose Invitational title. Athletes include Walsh Jennings, Anouk Verge-Depre (Switzerland), Carolina Solberg (Brazil), Anders Mol (Norway), Christian Sorum (Norway).
- Health & Wellness Village: Attendees will be able to enjoy guided meditations and multiple daily yoga sessions. There will also be live cooking demos occurring daily and inspirational talks from p1440 experts like Impact Theory’s Tom Bilyeu.
- Development Village: p1440 will show attendees how to workout and recover just like the pro athletes—even with Walsh Jennings’ trainers and favorite resources. Catch different workouts happening all day long at the Movement Shop, a portable fitness studio with p1440 expert trainers Tommy Knox, Kerry Wachtfogel, Brain Mackenzie and Cody Butler. Guests will also be able to fine-tune their volleyball hitting and footwork skills at the AcuSpike individuals trainer or participate in some volleyball clinics led by p1440 coaches.
- PongStarz: All weekend long attendees can play ping pong with friends, compete in a King of the Table tournament or learn straight from Olympic and top international table tennis players who will be on-site playing and interacting with attendees.
- Kid’s Court: Curated with the little ones in mind, the “Kid’s Court” area will have inflatable slides, a rock climb wall, bubble artists, Super Hooper Connect 4 Game + Jenga and short kid-friendly workouts and challenges.
- The Boardwalk: Pop-up entertainment will take place at the Boardwalk. Attendees will discover street dancers, magicians, balloon artists, face painters, caricaturists and more.
- Art: Attendees will be able to engage with and create art throughout the venue all weekend. From a chalk art wall and post-yoga canvas painting to expressing themselves through an interactive ball wall and shopping for handmade accessories from Ubuntu Life that support healthcare for children with special needs.
- Food & Drink: Have some fun in the wine & beer garden; shop for healthy snacks, produce and smoothies at Zanotto’s Family Markets or grab something to eat at Food Truck Row.
Photos courtesy of Olive Creative Strategies, Inc.
Experience a jam-packed weekend full of professional beach volleyball, live music, health & wellness activations and more at #p1440 San Jose, September 28-30 at the Avaya Stadium grounds. Tickets are NOW ON SALE: https://t.co/pMfcy4SM2S pic.twitter.com/JcEQPIcKV7
— p1440 (@platform1440) August 2, 2018